April 12, 2023
DIY Family Fun: Upcycling Old T-shirts to Tote Bags!
Upcycling is a fun and Eco-friendly way to breathe new life into old clothes. With this easy DIY project, you can turn your unwanted t-shirts into a useful tote bag for carrying groceries, toys, or whatever you need. All you need is a t-shirt, scissors, and a few simple steps. Here are the steps! Enjoy!:
- An old t-shirt
- A ruler
- A marker
- Lay the t-shirt on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Using a ruler, measure and mark a straight line across the t-shirt from one armpit to the other.
- Cut along the marked line to remove the sleeves and neckline of the t-shirt.
- Turn the t-shirt inside out.
- Using the ruler and marker, measure and mark a line about 2-3 inches up from the bottom hem of the t-shirt.
- Cut along the marked line to create the fringe of the tote bag.
- Tie each pair of fringe strips together in a knot tightly.
- Turn the bag right side out.
- Your upcycled t-shirt tote bag is now ready to use for carrying groceries or toys!